Seeking Board Members
The May Arboretum Society seeks board members with a strong sense of integrity, with a commitment and dedication to implementing our mission of sustaining and expanding the May Arboretum and Botanical Garden through their time and talents.
Our Ideal Board Member Possess the Following Characteristics:
- Commitment to the mission
- Transparent, acting with integrity
- Finding and sustaining resources
- Focused on results
- Committed to expanding the Society’s community partners
Length of Term: All board members serve a one-year term with the option of renewing their service annually. Board members are elected to serve at the annual meeting of the members. held during the fourth quarter of each calendar year.. The term of service begins on January 1st and ends on December 31st of the same year.
Meetings and Time Commitment:
- The board of directors meets monthly via teleconferencing or in-person. Meetings typically last no more than 90 minutes.
- Board members are asked to actively volunteer at a minimum of two events per year.
Expectations of Board Members:
- Active membership in the May Arboretum Society.
- Attend and participate in board meetings on a regular basis, at least two events, and other special events as able.
- Serve on standing and/or temporary committees as necessary.
- Help communicate and promote the May Arboretum Society’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with May Arboretum Society finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand and follow the by-laws, policies, and procedures of the May Arboretum Society.